Calvary Ryde Retirement Community
Enjoy the fresh air and gardens at Calvary Ryde Retirement Community. A brand new modern building on historic grounds is nearing completion. The new facility has been purpose built for best-practice aged care. With residential care, respite accommodation and on-site Independent Living Units, we provide the level of care that is suitable for your needs. Guided by Calvary’s 125 year history of health care, you will be cared for by warm, safe and experienced hands.
The new facility has been purposed built to offer the best in care whilst retaining the stately heritage architecture at the heart of the Calvary Ryde Retirement Community. Our current residents will join you in a building with shared community spaces, beautifully landscaped grounds and a roof top garden. Rest assured that you will be joining a warm and friendly community of residents.
“We are very grateful for the time our family member spent at Calvary. I know her time spent there was a very happy one due to the support and friendships she has made within the community. We look forward to this continuing during her time within the Residential Care Facility.” Chris, family member.
We have three different accommodation options to suit you or your family member’s needs:
- Residential Aged Care – Permanent accommodation with specialist care services
- Independent Living – Freedom and space without the worry of maintaining a property
- Respite Care – Short term accommodation
Residential Aged Care
Join a close-knit community in a brand new residential aged care facility, purpose built to deliver quality care. Live a maintenance free, secure, social and relaxed lifestyle in one of our 116 spacious rooms. At Calvary, we are committed to holistic, resident focused care. We take the time to get to know you, to understand your medical concerns and to make sure we meet you physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
Your friends and family can visit you in your spacious bedroom or enjoy a nice cuppa in the new community café. Make use of one of the many comfy lounges to chat to new friends or read a book. Look your best by booking an appointment at the on-site hairdressing salon. Our community facility is located near public transport and a short drive away from nearby shopping centres.
Everything you need
- Qualified care staff, guided by our 125 plus year history of caring
- Access to medical coverage when required
- Dedicated physiotherapy assistants who facilitate specialised physiotherapy care designed to maintain mobility
- Qualified pastoral care staff who care for residents’ spiritual and emotional needs
- Chaplain who conducts a daily mass in the village chapel
- Ministers of various denominations who can visit on request
- Secure building with personal alarms
Stay active, independent and healthy
- Recreational activity officers who design individual and group activity programs aimed at encouraging enjoyment, rehabilitation and promotion of self-esteem
- Residents enjoy leisure and lifestyle activities including arts, crafts, bingo, cooking, exercise programs and singing.
- There are regular bus trips, social outings and onsite entertainment.
- Hairdressing salon with a qualified hairdresser who is available by appointment
- Specialised menu catering to varied tastes and offering a wide choice of delicious and nutritious meals
- Wander through the beautiful, heritage and landscaped grounds
Register your interest
If you are interested to learn more or would like to ask some questions, please call Sally on 1800 200 422. Sally can guide you through what you need to apply, she will explain our pricing and ensure that you have organised your free and independent assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Team.
Residential Care is for older people whom, for a variety of reasons, are unable to live at their home.
Staff provide support with day-to-day tasks and there is 24/7 access to specialist medical services.
Through an engaging leisure and lifestyle program and individualised care plans, resident’s emotional, physical and medical needs are catered for.
Before moving into a Calvary Residential Care facility, you will need to be independently assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). This is a free service.
To arrange an assessment please contact the Referral and Information Centre on 02 4936 3215.
Once you’ve been assessed, please contact our Calvary Care Choices Advisors on 1800 222 000. They’ll have all the information you require and can discuss the various options available to you.
Calvary Dalton Gardens is a community of two and three bedroom villas and apartments providing the freedom of independent living with access to all the facilities within Calvary Ryde Retirement Community. Our residents enjoy an active social community and are centrally located close to Top Ryde Shopping centre, local clubs, aquatic centre and public transport.
- 2 and 3 bedroom units
- Private and tranquil location
- Garage and carports
- Community based lifestyle
- Close to public transport
- Close to shopping
- Air conditioned
- Maintained grounds
- 24/7 security monitoring
Independent Living Units are designed for older people who are able to care for themselves but are looking to move to a home that requires less maintenance.
What if my needs change?
There is also a Residential Care facility co-located on the grounds of the village.
The waiting time for a unit will depend on a number of factors, including vacancies, the position of other people already on the waiting list and their availability to take up opportunities at the time of offer.
It’s good to plan ahead
You do not need an ACAT assessment to live in independent living plus it’s free to join the waiting list.
Calvary respite accommodation is a great way to get the support you need when your regular carer is away, needs a break or has other commitments.
- 1 or 2 week stay
- Up to 9 weeks per year
- Support when carer away
Respite accommodation provides support for you and your carer.
Residential Respite Care can provide your carer with a break. It may give them time to manage work commitments, handle family responsibilities, enjoy a weekend away or have an extended holiday.
It is also a good way to see if a Residential Care Facility is the right fit for you. Our respite accommodation gives you an opportunity to experience our wonderful care and friendly community before you make a formal commitment.