At Calvary Mater Newcastle, our Medical Centre provides clinics for a range of outpatient services:
- Medical Oncology
- General Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- General Psychiatry
- Head and Neck
- Lung Clinic
- General Medical
- Specialised Medical
- Alcohol and Drug
- Stomal Therapy
- McGrath Breast Care Nurse
- Pre Procedure
- The Wig Service
The Medical Centre provides access to Cancer Care Coordinators, Allied Health Staff, treatments in the Infusion Room and Venesection Services.
Specialised Medical includes Gastro, Geriatric, Stroke and Liver.
An important message about our Medical Centre service and COVID-19 measures
How you can help us when attending your appointment
- Reply to your COVID SMS texts before your appointment
- Keep your face mask on at all times
- Practice good hand hygiene and maintain social distancing at all times
- Only enter the Medical Centre Waiting Room five minutes before your appointment
- Only bring one support person with you. They will need to sit outside the waiting room until you are called in by the doctor then you can contact them via mobile phone to join you.
How we are helping to keep you safe at your appointment
- We are wearing face masks
- Practising social distancing and providing hand sanitiser
- A minimal contact check-in process
- Cleaning of equipment and commonly used surfaces
- Limiting the number of people in the clinic and waiting room
We apologise for any inconvenience these COVID-19 measures may cause but appreciate your cooperation and assistance in keeping you and our community safe.
Referrals and appointments
All appointments are by referral only. New patients who are referred to a Medical or Radiation Oncologist will be contacted within two days of a referral being made. Follow-up appointments are made after the clinic attendance at the reception desk or by telephone. Patients requiring a blood test will need to visit the Pathology Department (Pathology North) on level 3 of the NewMed Building (located between north and south block), one hour prior to your appointment time.
Patients referred to a particular doctor are likely to be charged by the hospital. No consultation fee is higher than the Medicare benefit or the scheduled fee.
Information and Support Services
Information packages are available at the time of your first consultation.
The Medical Centre waiting room has free wifi access.
Tea, coffee and biscuits are located in the beverage bay of the waiting room. Donations are greatly appreciated.
Referral by GP, another hospital, specialist or healthcare providers
Level 3, Calvary Mater Newcastle
Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays and weekends
02 4014 3190 – Medical Centre Booking Office
02 4014 3192 – Nurse Unit Manager