Doctors and Health Professionals
In this section you can learn a little more about the Doctors and Healthcare Professionals at Calvary Health Care Kogarah.
Calvary Health Care Kogarah is part of Australia’s public health care system and offers hospital care to any Australian resident under Medicare arrangements.
Our team includes:
- Medical Officers: Consultants (Senior Doctors in a specialty), Registrars, and Junior Medical Officers.
- Nursing: Specialist Nurses, Enrolled Nurses and Assistants in Nursing
- Allied Health Team: Physiotherapists, Physiotherapy Assistants, Exercise Physiologists, Dieticians, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and Psychologists, Pastoral Care, Pharmacists, Speech Pathologists, Podiatrists and Bereavement Counsellors.
At Calvary Health Care Kogarah these various occupations work within a framework that ensures we provide you with timely, appropriate care in a safe and suitable setting.
- Palliative Care Ward Referral Form | PDF
- Community Palliative Care Team Referral form | Online form | PDF
- Residential Aged Care Palliative Care Referral Form | PDF
- Rehabilitation Ward Medical Referral | PDF
- Day Rehabilitation Unit Medical Referral | Online form | PDF
Choosing your doctor
Under Medicare you can be treated as a public patient, at no charge, by a doctor appointed by the hospital. You can choose to be treated as a public patient even if you are privately insured.
If you choose to be admitted as a private patient, you can be treated by the doctor of your choice – providing that doctor has a right to practice at this hospital. An Admissions Officer will meet with you to discuss your level of coverage and policy details.
Regardless of whether you have private health insurance or don’t have private health insurance, the hospital will provide you with an estimate of expected hospital charges. Knowing how much your treatment will cost is called Informed Financial Consent. For more information visit the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman website: