Mary Potter House
Providing day and short term overnight care for people with dementia and respite for their carers.
Mary Potter House Dementia Care Centre
- Day respite
- Short term overnight
- Moderate to Advanced Dementia
- Transport available
- Physical support and care
- Fun and companionship
Mary Potter House is a social support group and respite centre for residents living within the St George area who have a diagnosis of moderate to advanced dementia.
Mary Potter House is run by a multi-disciplinary team of dementia health specialists including a Dementia Nurse Specialist, Care Assistants, Occupational Therapist, Pastoral Care Worker, Bus Driver and Volunteers.
Who Can Attend?
To be able to attend Mary Potter House, a client must:
- live in Kogarah, Rockdale or Hurstville Local Government Areas.
- Have a diagnosis of moderate to advanced dementia.
- Be looked after by a carer in need of respite.
- Only need the assistance of one staff member to stand or walk.
There is a cost to attend Mary Potter House that covers morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, transport and all activities. If you experience financial difficulties, please discuss this with the Mary Potter House Manager.
We can provide bus transport to and from the Centre for clients who are assessed as suitable. Other transport options will be discussed at the assessment.
We offer a program that includes physical support and care, meals, stimulating and relaxing activities, as well as a few hours of fun and companionship. Our person centred approach is based on individual needs, behaviours and stage of dementia.
MPH aims to provide the following:
- To deliver person centred care focusing on each individual to encourage maintenance of their abilities.
- Activities aimed at slowing the dementia process through environmental, physical, mental and social stimulation.
- Respite for carers during the day and short term overnight.
- To promote and maintain links with support services available in the community.
- Care management, education and support for the client, carer, and family members.
- Culturally appropriate care.
- An integrated multidisciplinary service through the Calvary Community Health (CCH) team.
Referral by My Aged Care
91-111 Rocky Point Road, Kogarah NSW 2217
Monday to Saturday, 10am – 4pm
On the My Aged Care website Mary Potter House is found in the Service Finder under the name Calvary Kogarah Community Health under the service Social Support Group. All referrals are assessed by a Registered Nurse or Occupational Therapist who will visit your home for the assessment.