Online Bereavement Support group
Our Online Bereavement Support group is a 7 week online program for people who have cared for someone who died in the last 12 months.
The discussions we have involve
- Listening and sharing personal experiences
- Normalising the grief journey
- Reducing feelings of isolation
- Discovering personal strengths
- Building resilience
- Creating social networks
- Connecting to other useful resources
Sessions are run at a set time, on a regular day each week for 7 weeks.
Upcoming free sessions
Our next online bereavement support group will be held online from Tuesday 3 October – Tuesday 21 November. Sessions will be held every Tuesday from 3.30pm – 5.00pm for 7 weeks. The sessions will run from Tuesday 3 October.
RSVP by Tuesday 26 September.
If you are unable to attend these sessions but would like to attend a group later in the year please email [email protected] to register your interest
To register, please complete this online registration form
Participants are asked to
- Attend all group sessions unless there is an unexpected reason for not attending
- Treat others in the group with kindness and respect and keep what is discussed in the group confidential
- Talk with one of the facilitators if you are having difficulty with the group content or feel that you are unable to participate in the group. This includes using the chat function to notify a facilitator if for any reason you need to leave during a session
- Ensure you have a comfortable and private space where you can log in to the group. If there are others in your household – let them know that you are not to be interrupted. Set yourself up with tissues and a drink (non-alcoholic) on hand.
- Trial your videoconferencing set up before the program begins. You can find guidelines for setting up zoom here: https://calvarycare.org.au/zoom
- Fill out a feedback survey at the end of the 7 week program
If you would like more information about the program, please contact: