Calvary Fast Facts
Founded in 1885 by the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary, Calvary is a charitable, not-for-profit, Catholic health care organisation.
Our mission is to provide quality, compassionate health care to the most vulnerable, including those reaching the end of their life.
We’re responsible for over 12,000 staff and volunteers, 15 Public and Private Hospitals, 17 Retirement and Aged Care Facilities and a national network of Community Care Centres.
Calvary Annual Review
Calvary Services by Region
South Australia – website
Calvary at a glance (FY 2016-2017)
- 217,674 Admissions
- 462,906 Outpatients
- 121,221 Emergency Department presentations
- 4,277 Births
- 113,561 Surgical procedures
- 15,600 individual clients
- 9,400 clients receiving a service at any one time
- 771,500 home visits
- 1.8 million hours of care
- 29 residents over the age of 100
- 452 residents over the age of 90, 89 of whom live in ILUs
- 711 new admissions
- 433 admissions to residential aged care (excluding respite)
- 242 respite admissions to residential aged care
- 36 moves to ILUs