Founded in 1885 by the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary, Calvary is a charitable, not-for-profit, Catholic health care organisation.
Our mission is to provide quality, compassionate health care to the most vulnerable, including those reaching the end of their life.
We’re responsible for over 12,000 staff and volunteers, 15 Public and Private Hospitals, 15 Retirement and Aged Care Facilities and a national network of Community Care Centres.
Calvary Annual Review
Calvary Services by Region
Calvary at a glance (FY 2015-2016)
- 199,518 Admissions
- 443,942 Outpatients
- 116,052 Emergency Department presentations
- 4,714 Births
- 111,813 Surgical procedures
- 16,156 average number of individual clients per year
- 9,800 clients receiving care at any one time
- 900,000 home visits on average per annum
- 1.2 million Average annual hours
- 20 residents over the age of 100
- 359 residents over the age of 90
- 770 new admissions: 406 admissions to residential aged care (excluding respite); 318 respite admissions to residential aged care; 46 admissions to independent living villages