As we continue to respond to the changing coronavirus pandemic, visiting arrangements at Calvary Mater Newcastle are reviewed regularly to help protect our patients, staff and the community from COVID-19.
Our current visiting hours are:
- 11am – 1pm
- 5pm – 7pm
Visiting arrangements – Amber Alert – Visitor Restrictions
Visitors are welcome at Calvary Mater Newcastle. It is important to consider you will enter a high risk area where we are currently caring for patients who are COVID-19 positive.
Current arrangements are outlined below.
- One visitor per patient per session.
- Consideration will be given for children under 12 years old visiting with an adult.
- Meet all COVID-19 screening requirements prior to entry.
- When entering the hospital, undertake a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) at our self-testing booth prior to entering a ward.
- Wear a surgical mask correctly on entry at the facility, and for the duration of the visit.
- Ensure proper hand hygiene is undertaken when entering a ward.
- Maintain social distancing and avoid all physical contact with patients where possible.
Special arrangements continue to remain in place for visitors of patients who are approaching the end of their life, or are critical or unstable. Exemptions may be permitted on compassionate grounds and on a case-by-case basis, please confirm these arrangements with the Nurse Unit Manager prior to arrival.
No visitors in appointments, except for essential patient needs:
- to provide direct physical support
- to provide emotional support
- if required for decision making
Carers providing emotional support and/or participating in decision making can be dialled into an appointment.
Screening stations are located at each of the public entrances to our hospital:
- The main hospital/Emergency Department entrance.
- Platt Street entrance (open Monday-Friday 5:30am-5pm).
- The rear entry at Hunter New England Health’s Mater Mental Health Centre, which is co-located on our campus.
If you’d like to stay close to Calvary Mater Newcastle please review our accommodation page for recommendations.