COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
Inpatients at Calvary Health Care Bethlehem can receive a limit of two (2) visitors at any time during visiting hours.
Exceptions may be granted by prior arrangement with the nurse in charge of the ward.
Per requirements of the current Hospital Visitor Directions in Victoria, visitors are required to complete screening and attestation process for contact tracing purposes, and to ensure we are not allowing entry to any visitors who may pose a risk to our patients, staff and other visitors to our service. Visitors are not permitted to enter if they do not fully comply with the screening process. Limiting visitor numbers is a necessary step in protecting patients, our staff, other visitors and the community. We appreciate your ongoing support as we continue to keep our services safe for our patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visiting hours at Calvary Health Care Bethlehem are from 8am – 8pm.
As a condition of entry, visitors must:
- Not visit if you are unwell
- Be screened for signs of COVID-19 on entry and answer the screening questions set out below before proceeding to the ward or clinic reception
- Register your details in the visitor registry, on arrival and departure and wear the provided sticker after passing screening, which must be visible to staff at all times
- Wear a fitted face mask on entry to our building and ensure this is worn throughout your visit
- Maintain 1.5m physical distance from others
- Follow staff instructions at all times
Questions visitors are required to answer on entry:
- Do you feel unwell or have a fever (Temp >37.5 degrees) or signs of fever (e.g. night sweats, chills)?
- Do you have, or have you had over the past 14 days, any respiratory symptoms (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, and runny nose, cold/flu like symptoms, body aches, tiredness, and loss of smell or taste)?
- Have you or someone in your household had contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you or someone in your household visited, or arrived here from, an area of high or medium COVID risk in the past 14 days?
Please note that this includes all areas of elevated risk of community transmission as defined by DHHS and public health authorities.
- Have you or someone in your household been tested for COVID-19 in the past 14 days and had either a positive result or are still waiting on the test result?
If you answer YES to any of the above questions, visiting is not be permitted.
- Limit of two (2) visitors at any time during visiting hours.
- Exceptions may be granted by prior arrangement with the nurse in charge of the ward.
- Limit of one (1) carer/support person with the patient at any one time.
- Exceptions may be granted by prior arrangement with the relevant staff for your appointment.
- Visits with a patient taking place outside must be pre-arranged with the nurse in charge.
- All visitors intending to be present at a visit with a patient taking place outside, must enter and complete the screening and registration process prior to the visit commencing.
- Due to vulnerability of our patients, visitors outside are requested to maintain physical distancing requirements and wear a mask where practical for the duration of the visit.
Visiting hours at Calvary Health Care Bethlehem are from 8am – 8pm.
We encourage you to use technology to stay connected with other family and friends, if you require assistance with this, please speak to our staff who will be able to assist you through our ‘Staying Connected’ Program.
Our staff are rigorously following advice from the authorities regarding coronavirus to keep you and your visitors safe. If you are worried, please talk with the nurse in charge. We are here to care for you and your family.
Once the health screening is complete, visitors proceed to reception to receive a visitor entry sticker.
- Sticker must be visible
- Face mask must be worn
- 1.5m physical distance at all times
- Limit of 1 household/day
- Maximum 2 hr visit
The screening sticker includes the time and date of entry, and must be visible to staff at all times.
Please discuss your situation with us if you have any concerns regarding your particular needs.
Visitor restrictions and screening requirements extend to visits taking place anywhere on site, including public spaces outside. A breach of these restrictions may put you, other vulnerable patients or our staff at risk.
Thank you for your understanding.
Entrance doors to Calvary Health Care Bethlehem for those visiting clinic are now locked to control movement in and out. Visitors will need to use the intercom to gain entry and will need to have their temperature checked at a screening desk at reception before being signed in and allowed to progress to their appointments.
Frequently asked questions about the Calvary entry screening process.
All entrants to Calvary facilities are required to have their temperature checked and will be asked a series of COVID-19 related questions.
Calvary is committed to minimising the potential risk of COVID-19 transmission and maintaining a safe environment for all employees, visitors, patients and residents entering and moving within our services.
When arriving at a Calvary facility you will be asked to sanitise your hands at a station located at the entry point.
Once your hands have been sanitised you can move forward to a screening station and follow the prompts.
Visitors to any of Calvary’s four trial sites will be required to present to a screening station to have their temperature taken.
Once your temperature check has been completed the screening station will ask for the purpose of your visit, your mobile phone number and name for contract tracing purposes.
The screening station will then ask a series of COVID-19 related questions.
You will then be asked to declare that your responses are accurate before you can move away from the screening station.
You will receive an SMS confirmation and be asked to proceed to Reception for a screening sticker.
This sticker indicates to Calvary staff that you have been screened and can move around the facility.
If you present to a screening station and you have a temperature equal to or greater than 37.5 degrees Celsius you will be instructed to leave the facility and call Reception for further instruction.
Please do not enter the facility if you record a temperature of equal to or greater than 37.5 degrees Celsius.
If you have completed the screening process but not received an SMS confirmation, proceed to Reception and provide your name and phone number so a Calvary staff member can validate your entry and provide you with a screening sticker.
You will be able to use a landline number instead of a mobile phone number.
In this scenario you will be asked to present to Reception and provide your name and phone number so a Calvary staff member can validate your entry and provide you with a screening sticker.
Under current COVID-19 Pandemic requirements, Calvary is required to retain information related to entrant screening, date and time of entry, and contact details of entrants for the purposes of contact tracing.
All data collected during the screening process is secured by Calvary and its partner, Rate It Australia Pty Ltd (Zipline).
The tablet used to conduct the screening process does not hold any data, all data is secured on Zipline’s Australian based servers.
The screening stations are cleaned a minimum of twice per day with an increased cleaning frequency during high use periods.