We have introduced additional precautions at Calvary Mater Newcastle to protect our patients, staff and the community from COVID-19.
Similar measures are in place at all hospitals and health facilities in the Hunter New England Local Health District.
We thank you for your understanding during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Visiting arrangements – Yellow Alert – Visitor Restrictions
As we continue to respond to the changing coronavirus pandemic, visiting arrangements at Calvary Mater Newcastle are reviewed regularly to help protect our patients, staff and the community from COVID-19. Current arrangements are outlined below.
Our current visiting hours are:
- 11am – 1pm
- 5pm – 7pm
Virtual visiting arrangements are available on request.
- Two visitors per patient per session, this does not include children aged 12 and under.
- Not enter if they have cold or flu symptoms (runny nose, sore throat, cough, fever).
- Wear a surgical mask correctly on entry at the facility, and for the duration of the visit. This will be checked on entry to the ward.
- Children aged 12 and under are not required to wear masks.
- Ensure proper hand hygiene is undertaken when entering a ward.
- Maintain social distancing and avoid all physical contact with patients where possible.
Special arrangements continue to remain in place for visitors of patients who are approaching the end of their life, or are critical or unstable. Exemptions may be permitted on compassionate grounds and on a case-by-case basis, please confirm these arrangements with the Nurse Unit Manager prior to arrival.
- One participant in care per patient.
When you are leaving the hospital
When you are ready to leave the hospital, please press the green exit button located near the glass exit doors. Look for these signs.
COVID-19 testing clinic
We do not have a COVID Testing Clinic onsite. To locate a COVID Testing Clinic please visit: www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/health-and-wellbeing/clinics.
The Delimarche café in the main hospital corridor is open.
Coffee and a limited takeaway menu, including hot food items, are available from Amigos café further along the corridor. The coffee cart on level 3 is also open.
Some seating is available along the main public corridor and on the terrace, but please be mindful of social distancing.
The Mary Potter Chapel remains open and all are welcome.
Further information about COVID-19
Australian Government Department of Health