PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY IN THE ACT
A Public Health Emergency has been declared in the ACT. For the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, read more via this link.
Our preferred visitor arrangements in the medical, surgical and mental health wards are each patient may have two visitors per day, with only one visitor at any time. We request visits occur in visiting hours which are 11am to 1pm and 3pm to 8pm daily.
Visiting arrangements in other areas and services should be discussed with the care team.
Anyone experiencing any unwellness should avoid visiting Calvary Hospital other than for emergency medical care.
Public entry to Calvary Public Hospital must be via the main entry (6am to 8pm daily) or the Emergency Department (always open).
Every person entering Calvary Public Hospital in the ACT will be required to wear a mask at all times.
Please note the following visitor arrangements that Calvary believes best meets the interests of all patients and staff:
- Two visitors per day are preferred for patients in medical, surgical and mental health wards, with only one visitor at any time. Visits are preferred in visiting hours which are 11am to 1pm and 3pm to 8pm daily
- Visiting arrangements in other areas should be discussed with the care team
- ALL PEOPLE ENTERING CALVARY MUST WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES
- One (1) support person may accompany a patient if their attendance is required for the patient to receive treatment and care
- Everyone inside Calvary must practice hand hygiene and social distancing
- People other than patients who are allowed entry will be required to register their name and contact details
- Visitors must leave Calvary if asked to do so
- It is strongly recommended that children 5 years and under do not enter Calvary other than for Emergency treatment
- the main entry doors to Calvary will close at 9pm daily; entry between 9.00pm and 6.00am must be via the Emergency Department
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce is located in north-west Canberra. Our main campus in Bruce provides acute care public health and hospital services for all people in need, and is well placed to serve the communities of North Canberra, Belconnen and Gungahlin.
Our second campus at Barton is home to Clare Holland House, the Community Specialist Palliative Care Service and the Calvary Centre for Palliative Care Research. These inpatient, outpatient and in-home specialist palliative care services reach patients right across the ACT and in surrounding areas of NSW.
Please click here to look at our Welcome to Calvary Public Hospital Bruce Patient Admission Information.
Patient Admission Information Book March 2020
We are continually updating this Information, and welcome suggestions from patients and visitors about information they would like to see included. Please use the Questions and Feedback function at the bottom of this page to suggest any changes.
Our hospital has a reasonably straightforward layout.
The 24/7 Emergency Department is clearly signposted on Mary Potter Circuit.
Inpatient Medical wards are located on Levels 4 & 5 of the Xavier Building, the Inpatient Surgical ward is on Level 6 of the Xavier Building.
Our Hospital In The Home and GRACE services are on level 6E of the Xavier Building. Patients require an appointment to attend these services.
The Surgical Admission service is on Level 2 of the Xavier Building.
The Intensive and Coronary Care Units are reached from Level 2 of the Xavier Building.
Day Surgery reception is near Madeleine’s Cafe on Level 2 of the Marian Building, please enter via the Emergency Department entry.
Maternity services are on Level 3 of the Marian Building.
The Physiotherapy Outpatient service and the Day Surgery Admission Lounge are on Level 2 of the Marian Building.
The Acacia Adult Mental Health and Older Persons’ Mental Health Units are in the Keaney Building.
Our Specialist Outpatients Clinics and Pre-Admission Clinic are located in the Lewisham Building at the western end of the campus.
Free parking is available in the multi-storey carpark opposite the main entry to Calvary, and this location provides easy to access all our services. Time limited and disability permit parking is available adjacent to the Emergency Department. Parking conditions are enforced in these areas.
At a glance…
- Coronavirus information and updates
- COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic
- Public Hospital
- Research and Ethics
- Indigenous Liaison Service
- Maternity Services
- Cancer and Oncology
- Medical Imaging
- Intensive Care Unit
- Zita Mary Clinic
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- 24-Hour Emergency
- Clare Holland House & Specialist Community Palliative Care services
- Resources for Palliative Care Patients
- Surgical Services
- Public Mental Health
- Care Closer to Home
- Hospital in the Home
- Birth, postnatal support and postnatal physiotherapy programs
- Pastoral Care Services
- Volunteer Services and Auxiliary
- Employment Conditions
- Compliments and Complaints
- Questions and Suggestions