Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY IN THE ACT
A Public Health Emergency has been declared in the ACT for the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, read more via this link.
The pandemic has prompted us to ask you to do a few things differently to help us care for you better. These include:
* strict adherence to visiting times which are 11.00am to 1.00pm and 3.00pm to 8.00pm
* maximum of two visitors per patient per day, with only one allowed with a patient at any one time
* nominated visitors is preferred unless agreed by the patient’s care team
* Children (17 years of age and under) may have one carer or parent present at all times, with another welcome to join then for one hour per day
* visitors to practice hand hygiene and social distancing
* visitors may be required to register their name and contact details
* visitors must leave Calvary if asked to do so
* Visitors should be limited to family and carers – social visits should be avoided
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce is located in north-west Canberra. Our main campus in Bruce provides acute care public health and hospital services for all people in need, and is well placed to serve the communities of North Canberra, Belconnen and Gungahlin.
Our second campus at Barton is home to Clare Holland House Hospice, the Community Specialist Palliative Care Service and the Calvary Centre for Palliative Care Research. These inpatient, outpatient and in-home specialist palliative care services reach patients right across the ACT and in surrounding areas of NSW.
Please click here to look at our Welcome to Calvary Public Hospital Bruce Patient Admission Information.
Patient Admission Information Book March 2020
We are continually updating this Information, and welcome suggestions from patients and visitors about information they would like to see included. Please use the Questions and Feedback function at the bottom of this page to suggest any changes.
Our hospital has a reasonably straightforward layout.
The 24/7 Emergency Department is clearly signposted on Mary Potter Circuit.
Inpatient Medical and Surgical wards are located on Levels 4 & 5 of the Xavier Building.
Our Hospital In The Home and GRACE services are on level 6 of the Xavier Building, and patients require an appointment to attend these services.
The Surgical Admission service is on Level 2 of the Xavier Building.
The Intensive and Coronary Care Units are reached from Level 2 of the Xavier Building.
Maternity services are on Level 3 of the Marian Building.
The Physiotherapy Outpatient service and the Day Surgery Admission Lounge are on Level 2 of the Marian Building.
The Adult Mental Health and Older Persons’ Mental Health Units are in the Keaney Building.
Our Specialist Outpatients Clinics are located in the Lewisham Building at the western end of the campus.
Free parking is available in the multi-storey carpark opposite the main entry to Calvary, and this location provides easy to access all our services. Time limited and disability permit parking is available adjacent to the Emergency Department. Parking conditions are enforced in these areas.
At a glance…
- Coronavirus information and updates
- Public Hospital
- Research and Ethics
- Indigenous Liaison Service
- Maternity Services
- Cancer and Oncology
- Medical Imaging
- Intensive Care Unit
- Aged Care & Rehab Unit
- 24-Hour Emergency
- Clare Holland House Hospice
- Resources for Palliative Care Patients
- Surgical Services
- Public Mental Health
- Hospital in the home
- Birth, postnatal support and postnatal physiotherapy programs
- Pastoral Care Services
- Volunteer Services and Auxiliary
- Employment Conditions
- Compliments and Complaints
- Questions and Suggestions