Haematology is the study of blood and bone marrow disorders and includes the diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and management of people with cancers such as leukaemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma. Our clinicians and nurses are actively involved in research directed at improving patient care, while the department also supports a dedicated research laboratory and clinical trials unit.
Our Haematology Department is the hub of an area-wide service to manage all malignant and non-malignant haematology disorders.
We offer a large range of services including:
- Outpatient referrals and services
- Inpatient admissions and a 10-chair haematology day ward
- Haemophilia services
- Haematopoietic stem cell apheresis and cryopreservation
- Autologous stem cell transplant services
- Malignant haematology services including lymphoma, myeloma and acute leukaemia
- Lymphoma care services
- Telehealth consultancy service
- Adolescent and Young Adult Haematology service
Dr Sam Yuen
Dr Anoop Enjeti
Director Laboratory Haematology
NSW Health Pathology