Frequently Asked Questions
All Nursing Staff
Calvary has proposed the following wage increases:
|Hobart||Effective From FFPPOA|
|1.25%||1 July 2019|
|1.25%||1 January 2020|
|2.5%||1 July 2020|
|3%||1 July 2021|
|Launceston||Effective From FFPPOA|
|2.5%||1 January 2020|
|2.5%||1 January 2021|
|3%||1 July 2021|
The increased wage rates are set out at Schedule 2 of the Agreement. There is a wage table document which sets out the rate of pay per annum for each classification on the Enterprise Agreement information page.
Once the Agreement is approved and comes into operation Calvary will increase your wages in line with the Agreement and will proceed to process the back-payments.
- If a majority of eligible employees vote YES, it will be submitted to the Fair Work Commission (FWC) for approval.
- Once the Agreement is approved by the FWC, the Agreement will come into operation 7 days after it is approved and will replace the current agreement.
The current agreement will remain in place with existing terms. There is no entitlement to an increase in wages.
As per our engagement with you, there are a number of positive initiatives being pursued separate to the Agreement, however we have also enhanced the workload provisions set out in the Agreement. Clauses 14 and Schedule 4 reflect clearer provisions for identification, escalation and resolution of workload matters. Calvary remains committed to delivering high quality patient care as well as providing a safe working environment for nurses.
The escalation process is clearly stepped out in Clause 14. Quarterly Consultative Committee meetings will continue and we encourage staff to raise matters as these are discussed as part of that process.
This remains a key priority and we will continue to engage with you on this matter.
If you work the public holiday you will receive:
|Transitional Provision – Part time:||
You remain entitled to an unpaid meal break of 30 minutes (or up to 1 hour) for a shift in excess of 4 hours. You can mutually agree to forego the unpaid meal break (if you work a shift of 6 hrs or less).
We have updated the paid meal break provisions so that during your meal break if Calvary requires you to:
- remain available (but free from duty): you will be paid at the ordinary rate for the 30 minute meal break. This period will not count as time worked when calculating ordinary hours for the purposes of overtime or penalties.
- perform work (or recalled to duty) – “Interrupting Work”: you will be paid overtime for all time worked until the meal break (or the balance of the meal break) is taken. Unless authorised otherwise by Calvary, you must immediately commence your meal break (or the remainder of such meal break) upon the conclusion of the Interrupting Work.
As per current arrangements, you are provided with 7 days’ notice of a change of roster (or 4 weeks’ notice for a shift worker).
Excepting, a roster may be altered at any time to enable the functions of the Hospital to be carried out where another employee is absent per clauses 48 – Ceremonial leave; 40 – Personal/carers’ leave; 41 -Compassionate leave and 49 – Leave to deal with Family and Domestic Violence, or in an emergency.
Where any such alteration by Calvary requires you:
- to work on a day which would otherwise have been your day off, the day off instead will be as mutually arranged; or
- to change a rostered shift to an alternate day or time, which attracts a lower (or nil) penalty rate than the shift originally rostered; you will be paid for the shift with the higher penalty rate.
All Theatre / Endosocopy Staff
Theatre staff are eligible to earn up to 6 weeks of Annual Leave.
|Base Entitlement of 5 weeks: by working in accordance with the theatre/ endoscopy Schedule 1, clause 2.||A theatre shift worker is expected to regularly participate in:
(a) the afternoon shift roster and work a minimum of one afternoon shift per fortnight, excepting Endoscopy Nurses who will be required to work afternoon shifts when rostered to do so (with no minimum afternoon shifts to be worked); and
(b) to participate in the on call and/or weekend roster (where applicable).
|Additional Week – up to 6 weeks||If you work in accordance with the on call roster as follows:
This sees a change from the current agreements in:
Note: Endoscopy Nurses employed at Launceston are not expected to participate in the on call roster and therefore do not meet the criteria set out at clause 4.2(a)(ii) to qualify for an additional 1 week of annual leave. Should the Employer’s requirements change such that Endoscopy Nurses employed at Launceston meet the criteria set out in clause 2, including 2.2(a) and (b), they will be eligible for an additional 1 week of annual leave.
The spread of hours for Theatre is 7:00am to 9:30pm and may be varied by mutual agreement.
Theatre employees will continue to be rostered shift lengths of 6, 8 and 10 hours. Working a shift of 4 hours (or less) will only be by mutual agreement.
All full-time employees are paid a day’s ordinary pay for a public holiday falling on their RDO. (Excepting when a public holiday falls on a Saturday/ Sunday when the employee only works Monday to Friday.
What will I be paid for a public holiday not worked (when ordinarily I am rostered to work on the day)?
You will be paid at the ordinary rate for the public holiday not worked.
|Hobart:||The following has been retained until the commencement of the FFPP on or after 1 July 2021: