Home Care Packages
Choose Calvary – the leading provider of Home Care Packages
A Home Care Package is an allocation of funds enabling you to purchase services and products that support your independence. Calvary Home Care has a team of dedicated Case Managers, Care Coordinators and Support Workers who can deliver services, advice and expertise to ensure that your package is tailored to suit your lifestyle, personal goals and budget.
Your services can include:
- Personal care
- Social support
- Clinical care
- Domestic assistance
- House maintenance
- Personal alarms
- Nutrition planning and cooking
- Mobility and Continence aids
Supporting your Health and Wellbeing at Home
At Calvary our services are designed to promote positive ageing and independence for as long as possible. We encourage healthy choices that enhance your physical and emotional wellbeing. Together we can find ways to support the activities that make you happy, keep you connected and as healthy as possible.
Your Calvary Case Manager
A Calvary Case Manager works together with you and your significant others to design and manage your Home Care Package so it reflects your values, goals and unique requirements. They will set up services, source useful products, make referrals and monitor your progress and budget. Experts in community services they will also advocate on your behalf so your specific requests are met.
A Home Care Package is an allocation of funds enabling you to purchase products and services that will support your independent lifestyle goals. Packages are designed to be flexible and adaptable so they suit your needs today and as they may change over time.
There are four levels of home care packages available:
- Level One: Support for people with basic care needs.
- Level Two: Support for people with low level care needs
- Level Three: Support for people with intermediate care needs
- Level Four: Support for people with high level care needs
Your Home Care Package can be used for products and services that support your independence at home, your health and well-being and your social connections within the community.
The Home Care Package service may include:
- Personal care: showering, personal grooming and mobility assistance
- Social support: companionship, hobbies and community activities
- Transport: to shops, appointments, social activities or events
- Clinical care: nursing and other health support
- Domestic assistance: cleaning, laundry and shopping
- House maintenance: and modifications
- Personal alarms: and emergency monitoring systems
- Mobility, independent living and continence aids
When designing your package it is useful to think about your needs and goals. Your Case Manager can work with you to identify goals and strategies by linking your services to outcomes.
Goals could be related to your mobility, health and well-being or social activities.
To decide on your goals you can start by answering the following questions:
- What do you enjoy doing most?
- How could your daily living be improved?
- What type of lifestyle do you want at home?
Calvary Home Care offers a range of clinical care services as part of our Home Care packages. Our goal is to work with you, and other health professionals involved in your care, to help you to achieve optimal health and be as independent as possible at home.
We’ll help you identify ways in which you can improve your health and support you with services such as:
- Clinical assessment and care planning
- Assistance with your medicines
- Assistance with any wounds that you may have
- Assistance in managing any conditions you may have, such as diabetes
- Assistance with continence management
- Monitoring the condition of your skin
- Assistance with palliative and end of life care
Home Care Package fees
The government has changed the way home care package pricing is published on the My Aged Care website. From 1 July 2019 all providers will display their pricing in a new standardised pricing comparability schedule.
The Schedule provides information on the common services and costs, including exit fees, to allow you to compare information when making a decision about choosing a provider
The Schedule includes five common home care services:
- Personal care
- Cleaning and household tasks
- Light gardening
- In-home respite
New fee types introduced by the government on 1 July 2019 include:
Care Management Fee (fortnightly fee)
Care management, often called case management or care coordination, is a key component of your home care package. Care management includes activities relating to care provision and coordination of services.
- Completing and reviewing Service Agreement and Care Plan
- Coordination of all services delivered by both Calvary and external parties
- Ensuring that care is aligned with other supports
- Rostering direct care services
- Providing a point of contact 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Dedicated locally based Case Manager
- Ensuring care is culturally safe
- Identifying and addressing risks to the homecare recipient’s safety
- After hours clinical support 24 hours/ 7 days a week from a registered nurse.
Package Management Fee (fortnightly fee)
The package management fee relates to management of package funds, including reconciliation of package subsidies received from Medicare, your contributions, funds spent on the delivery of services, preparation of statements, plus activities undertaken in order to meet the aged care standards.
Invoice Handling Fee
Calvary Home Care offers coordination of services if the client chooses an external provider to support them with services under their package. Calvary will charge 10% of the value of the invoice as processing fee, capped at $20.
For a full list of our fees please view our fees schedule
If you are unsure about what funding you might be eligible for, our Care Adviser team can help you navigate this process.
Call our friendly team on 1300 797 522 for a complimentary assessment.
To access a Home Care Package you will need to contact My Aged Care.
My Aged Care
Call 1800 200 422
You will then undergo an assessment from the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) who will determine your package level.
Once you have been approved for a Home Care Package you can then choose Calvary as your preferred provider.