Calvary partners with Care 24-7 to operate the only 24-Hour Private Emergency Department in Adelaide, with minimal wait times.
For medical emergencies, please call 000 for Ambulance assistance.
Estimated wait time:
1 hr 12 mins
When every minute counts, you can trust Care 24-7’s team of emergency specialists to provide you and your family with fast, expert, end-to-end treatment, 24 hours a day, every day of the year, including public holidays.
We provide emergency care to adults and children aged 2 years and over for most medical emergencies, including chest pain and cardiac, respiratory, neurological, neurosurgical and gastrointestinal issues, orthopaedic conditions and sports injuries.
- You’ll be in an experienced senior emergency specialist’s care from start to finish;
- You do not require a referral, unless you have booked an intravenous iron infusion;
- If you need to be admitted to the Calvary Adelaide Hospital, we will facilitate this and transition your care to the most appropriate specialists, who we have on call;
- You don’t need private insurance unless you are admitted to the hospital;
- You will need to pay an out-of-pocket fee, even if you have private health insurance;
- There is no out-of-pocket fee for Workcover injuries or if you hold a Department of Veteran’s Affairs card;
- You will notice the calm from the moment you arrive.
Learn more by visiting the FAQs page on the Care 24-7 website.
24 Hour Emergency Hospital Parking in Adelaide
Drop Off & Pick Up
Within the emergency centre entrance, there are 5 bays for drop off and pick up only. One is a designated disability bay. There is a 5-minute time limit on these bays.
Street Parking & Car Parks
For longer-term parking, ticket parking is available on Angas Street and Pulteney Street as well as several nearby commercial car parks. Additionally, some of the side streets have free 1-hour and 2-hour parking spaces.
If you need assistance getting to or from the Calvary Adelaide Emergency Department, please call 08 8227 7077.
Private Emergency Department Fees & Payments
The Calvary Adelaide Emergency Department is a privately owned and non-government funded private emergency department.
For most patients, an emergency department visit in Adelaide will cost $430 out-of-pocket expense. While Medicare covers a portion of your visit, there may be additional costs associated with some services that may be required.
Please see our fees & payments page on the Care 24-7 website for more information on 24 hour private emergency department rates.
Referral not required
Calvary Adelaide Hospital Emergency Department, 120 Angas Street, Adelaide, SA, 5000