Patient and visitor information
At Calvary Public Hospital Bruce we aim to give the best possible care and support to ensure your wellbeing and comfort.
We are located at Mary Potter Circuit, Bruce ACT 2617.
A Public Health Emergency has been declared in the ACT. For the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, read more via this link.
From 16 February 2022 patients in our Medical and Surgical wards may have two visitors per day, with only one visitor at any time. Visits may only occur in visiting hours which are 11am to 1pm and 3pm to 8pm daily.
Visiting arrangements in other areas and services should be discussed with the care team.
All visitors and support persons must complete the screening and registration process at our public entry points, and obtain the Green Tick.
Anyone not fully COVID vaccinated should avoid visiting any health facility.
Public entry to Calvary Public Hospital must be via the main entry (6am to 9pm daily) or the Emergency Department (always open).
Every person entering any public health facility in the ACT will be required to wear a mask at all times in side Calvary Hospital, and register their attendance by completing the ACT Health Screening Tool.
You can do this by:
- Scanning the QR code on the health screening posters as you enter the health facility
- Filling in your details online by either scanning the below QR code with your mobile phone camera or visiting the link below:
- our Entry Registration Desk staff will assist you with this process.
Please note the following directions from the ACT Chief Health Officer are in place:
- Two visitors are allowed per day to patients in general medical and surgical wards, with only one visitor at any time. Visits may only occur in visiting hours which are 11am to 1pm and 3pm to 8pm daily
- Visiting arrangements in other areas should be discussed with the care team
- ALL PEOPLE ENTERING CALVARY MUST WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES
- One (1) support person may accompany a patient if their attendance is required for the patient to receive treatment and care
- This person will be requested to leave when their support role is not vital for the well being of the patient
- Everyone inside Calvary must practice hand hygiene and social distancing
- People other than patients who are allowed entry will be required to register their name and contact details
- Visitors must leave Calvary if asked to do so
- It is strongly recommended children 5 years of age and under should avoid entering Calvary other than for Emergency treatment
- the main entry doors to Calvary will close at 9pm daily; entry between 9.00pm and 6.00am must be via the Emergency Department