Patient and visitor information
Important information for women birthing at Calvary Public Hospital
We are delighted that on 6 January 2023 we will resume birthing services in the Calvary Birth Suite and Calvary Birth Centre. If you are booked to birth at Calvary, our team of midwives look forward to welcoming you and providing support and care to you, your baby and your family.
At Calvary Public Hospital Bruce we aim to give the best possible care and support to ensure your wellbeing and comfort.
We are located at Mary Potter Circuit, Bruce ACT 2617.
Our preferred visitor arrangements in the medical, surgical and mental health wards are each patient may have two visitors per day, with only one visitor at any time. We request visits occur in visiting hours which are 11am to 1pm and 3pm to 8pm daily.
Visiting arrangements in the ED, ICU/CCU and Maternity services should be discussed with the care team.
Anyone experiencing any unwellness should avoid visiting Calvary Hospital other than for emergency medical care.
Public entry to Calvary Public Hospital must be via the main entry (6am to 8pm daily) or the Emergency Department (always open).
Every person entering Calvary Public Hospital in the ACT will be required to wear a mask at all times.
Please note the following visitor arrangements that Calvary believes best meets the interests of all patients and staff:
- Two visitors per day are preferred for patients in medical, surgical and mental health wards, with only one visitor at any time. Visits should be within visiting hours which are 11am to 1pm and 3pm to 8pm daily
- Visiting arrangements in the ED, ICU/CCU and Maternity services should be discussed with the care team
- ALL PEOPLE ENTERING CALVARY MUST WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES
- One (1) support person may accompany a patient if their attendance is required for the patient to receive treatment and care
- Everyone inside Calvary must practice hand hygiene and social distancing
- People other than patients who are allowed entry will be required to register their name and contact details
- Visitors must leave Calvary if asked to do so
- It is strongly recommended children 5 years of age and under should avoid entering Calvary other than for Emergency treatment
- the main entry doors to Calvary will close at 9pm daily; entry between 9.00pm and 6.00am must be via the Emergency Department