Aged Care FAQs

Residential Care is for older people who for a variety of reasons are unable to live at their home. There are permanent or short term accommodation options available.

Residential Respite Care can be day stayers or longer. You can be entitled up to 9 weeks of Respite Accommodation per financial year. It is a good way to see if a Residential Care Facility suits you by staying for a week or two weeks.

ILU stands for Independent Living Unit, Calvary has a variety of ILU’s available to suit most needs from co-located to stand alone communities. Joining an ILU community means you retain your independence and can join in community activities as desired. All the concerns with maintaining a property are looked after and a 24 hour security monitoring system provides peace of mind.

Before moving into a Calvary Residential Care Facility, you will need to be independently assessed the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). This is a free service. To arrange an assessment please contact the Referral and Information Centre on 1800 200 422 OR visit myagedcare.gov.au

A RAD is a Refundable Accommodation Deposit.

Find out more about RAD and pricing options.

A DAP is a Daily Accommodation Payment. This can be chosen instead of a RAD.

Find out more about DAP and pricing options.

Depending on your personal situation you may apply for financial assistance with your basic daily fees and means-tested care fees and/or your accommodation payment. Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 OR visit myagedcare.gov.au.

The Charter of Residents’ Rights and Responsibilities is on display at all Calvary facilities.