Features of the new hospital
Calvary ACT Bruce Private’s new ‘Hospital for the future’ features eight state of the art operating theatres accommodating everything from day surgery procedures to complex surgery in digital operating suites, along with private single rooms with hotel like ensuites and finishes. For up to date news of our specialists, services and other innovations (new menus coming soon!) please follow us on Facebook
The new $77 million Calvary Bruce Private Hospital features eight state-of-the-art digitally integrated theatres, including one with a hybrid cath lab, which accommodate everything from day procedures to complex surgery.
Other features of the new hospital include
- 118 beds with ability to expand to 182 beds as Canberra’s population grows;
- 74 surgical and medical beds with private rooms and ensuites;
- 16 bed post-anaesthetic care unit;
- 8 recovery beds plus an additional 17 chairs in second stage recovery;
- 12 bed maternity suite providing new families with specialised care and support after birth;
- Eight bed critical care department.
A new pedestrian bridge linking the new hospital to the existing Calvary Public Hospital and Emergency Department enables us to continue to share specialist equipment and services between Calvary Public and Private hospitals.
Our state of the art hospital also includes inbuilt further capacity to expand to 156 beds in years to come, in line with the population growth projections for the northern Canberra region.