Your rights and responsibilities
Position Statement – Charter of Disability, Aged Care, and Healthcare Rights
Consistent with our values of hospitality, healing, stewardship and respect, Calvary has an expectation that all clients, residents and patients are provided with care and service in manner that upholds their respective and collective rights. Read more…
Your care is important to us
Calvary Management and Staff support the appropriate Charters and legislative obligations associated with the delivery of your care, including:
Safeguarding Commitment Statement
Calvary is committed to safeguarding the welfare and dignity of all children and adults. In keeping with our mission, vision and values, Calvary is committed to providing a safe environment for all people who enter Calvary facilities and receive care from Calvary in their homes, especially children and adults at risk. Read more…
You have the right to comment about your care:
If you have a comment or complaint about our service:
- Talk to the person in charge or the person delivering your care at the time of the problem
Hospitals and Retirement Communities: You can write, phone or see the person in charge at any time during your stay or afterwards. Contact details are here.
Community Care: Call 1300 660 022 and ask to speak to the manager of your service centre
- If you are not satisfied with the results of your complaint, contact the Chief Executive Officer of the relevant Calvary Service or the National Office here.
- If you have not been able to resolve the problem, you can contact the appropriate State, Territory or Federal agency, such as Health Care Complaints Unit, Ombudsman, State Health Departments, Health Services Commissioner.
It is your responsibility to:
- Answer questions about your health openly and honestly
- Comply with prescribed treatments, or to inform health carers if you do not intend to do so
- Respect the cultural backgrounds and safety of others